List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Announcing test svn import
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-18 13:02:48

Hi!

[Even though this is a cross post, please do not reply to all mailing lists]

I would like to announce the svn tree that many already are aware of
officially: We setup a highly temporary copy of cvs.kde.org on svn.kde.org
(it actually misses quite some modules, but it should have everything
needed to do a test compile/checkout):

https://svn.kde.org/viewcvs/ is available anonymously for having a brief
  look how SVN looks like :)

CVS users currently using ssh access, should use protocol svn+ssh,
CVS users currently using password access, should use protocol https
in the following.

I hope someone will volunteer to setup a wiki page similiar to
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/SvnHelp, but in short:

If you want to checkout the KDE 3.4 right now, you would do
e.g. for me that is svn co svn+ssh://coolo@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdelibs
to check out kdelibs.

If you use https, you have to aknowledge the certificate before the checkout
happens, but it's pretty straightforward.

svn diff, update, commit - they all work like cvs did. Of course you will find
differences in the way it works compared to cvs, but I hope you will feel
comfortable when you try it.

This is just a test import. So far KDE would be the biggest CVS repository
ever migrated to subversion like that, so it's not clear we won't face
problems no one saw before. So please create as much real life traffic as
possible (I mean, test whatever you would do with cvs, but don't do
benchmarks - you're not alone on that machine). You can also create new
branches, add new tags, whatever. Just don't delete anything someone else
would need to test something else. We will use this repository as playground
and it might happen that I replace it with a new import somewhen even before
the final import.

Greetings, Stephan