On Thursday 17 February 2005 05:13, Clarence Dang wrote: > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:40 pm, George Staikos wrote: > > This evening, on the second most lousy flight I've ever been on (Air > > Canada can really suck sometimes), I got a chance to implement this patch > > for KApplication that Lars and I (well, mostly Lars) came up with. It > > should fix the problems with creating a pixmap in non-gui mode. It seems > > to be binary compatible, but it needs testing on different platforms. > > Any comments? > > - QPixmap aIconPixmap; > - QPixmap aMiniIconPixmap; > + mutable QPixmap *aIconPixmap; > + mutable QPixmap *aMiniIconPixmap; > + char unused[sizeof(QPixmap)*2 - sizeof(QPixmap*)*2]; > > Aren't you making an assumption that the padding between the 2 QPixmap's is > equal to that between the 2 QPixmap *'s? This is mostly the question. Are there any alignment problems with this on platforms we target? There are alternative approaches such as: struct { QPixmap foo, bar; } justforadding; char unused[sizeof(justforadding)*2 - sizeof(QPixmap*)*2]; If there's no alignment issue then we don't need it anyway. -- George Staikos KDE Developer http://www.kde.org/ Staikos Computing Services Inc. http://www.staikos.net/