On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 02:15:25PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote: > Am Thursday 17 February 2005 13:57 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen: > > 1) just import the shit from cvs literally. this is simple, but creates > > "ghost files" in old checkouts; most of them don't even compile for this > > reason. > ghost files? I don't see what you mean. > try "cvs up -D 2000-10-01 kdm" and compare with a tar-ball from that time (2.0) ... > > 3) make cvs2svn find and import "moves". implementing this is cvs2svn > > issue #1. i think if somebody (let's call him coolo ;) motivated and > And now let's assume for a second there is a real world. > have you read my bug report (yes, indeed, it's mine)? the basic ideas are described. with some understanding of how cvs2svn works (they have enough docu to get a grasp pretty fast), this is nothing that takes weeks to implement. given the total effort of this migration, it should be pretty acceptable. -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done.