List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: thoughts on the systray
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-15 11:57:40

On Monday 14 February 2005 23:24, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> And the final "feature" of korgac that is available only in the sys tray is
> the possiblity to exit korgac. Compare this to evolution's data-server
> which will always stay running in the background (if you have started
> evolution once, the session management will take care of restarting, even
> if you never intend to run evolution again). The only way to kill it is
> doing an explicit kill PID.

We have KDE Components-->Service Manager for that already in the control
center, I don't think this "feature" alone is reason enough to warrant a
system tray icon.

(See also my previous mail about cost-value evalutation)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download