List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: thoughts on the systray
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-02-14 18:58:49

On Monday 14 February 2005 2:38 pm, Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:
> environment. We all have to realise that close to 90% of the users out
> there are using MS Windows. Because of this, they tend to pay MORE
> attention to the bottom center and right on the taskbar region than the
> left, due to current desktop paradigm. This is why I generally don't call
> the tray a System Notification tray, but an Event and Tool Tray, since it
> does more than just publishing events.

We can't take some things with respect to usability and say 'we will do it
this way because the majority of people are used to windows', and then take
other things and do them totally different, saying that 'it doesn't matter
what windows does because this is The Right Way To Do It (tm)'.

Either it does matter or it doesn't... it can't be both. Personally, I
definitly agree with you and think that it *does* matter, and it matters a
whole lot, but most don't seem have this stance.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.