List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Build system (was Re: Future of KDE Development)
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-14 17:46:54

On Monday 14 February 2005 17:50, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> have support for distcc/icecream, nor does it have good support for
> srcdir!=builddir (or can you claim otherwise with rosegarden? I only read
> the manual).

cmake not only supports out-of-source-builds, it explicitely encourages them.
Just go into any directory, and enter
# cmake ~/src/kde3/kdebase/ <return>

After this run make and you're done.

And you can write arbitrary complicated configure tests with cmake.

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de