On Sunday 02 January 2005 18:19, Tobias Koenig wrote: > The main concerns are, that some bad guy could create a PDF file with > the command 'rm -Rf /' inside I guess. This problems can be solved by > always asking the user whether he wants to execute this application and > showing him the full command that will be executed. > > This is really a save solution. When the user still clicks on 'Ok' and > the virus/wurm is executed... well, that's the users problem. But that's > the same case as when the user clicks on an unknown email attachment. > Do we forbid email attachments for this reason? This is not always so safe, because not all users understand the implications of a 1 character difference between two command lines, one being safe, the other being devastating. It is also possible to write the command in such a confusing manner as to make it unclear what the command is that's being executed as displayed in the messagebox. Don't rely on this too much... -- George Staikos KDE Developer http://www.kde.org/ Staikos Computing Services Inc. http://www.staikos.net/