List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Set shadowSortColumn false per default
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-21 23:25:22

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 23:55, Richard Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 December 2004 18:35, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> > "intuitive" is a trapdoor word. there are no intuitive interfaces, only
> > learned ones.
>
> You forget the nipple. :-)

Aaarrrgh.

Having had several small humans, who are supposed to know how, actually use
mine for the intended purpose, and getting it oh so very wrong without
assistance, can we please kill this stupid meme?

Babies have a reflexive instinct to turn their head, open their mouth, and
attach to whatever brushes their cheek.    And trust me on this, they are
very hard to get unattached unless they want to, and the results of missing
the target are exceedingly painful (ever grazed your knee? every 4 hours?
over and over for a *year* or more?) You betcha they learn the interface
quick, but it's with assistance from the uh, highly motivated to succeed
interface provider.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts