List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Set shadowSortColumn false per default
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-12-20 18:42:16

On Monday 20 December 2004 01:35 pm, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could we set the shadeSortColumn in KListView to false per default
> please?

It wouldn't kill me (or distros)...

> It looks really strange (like the setAllColumnsShowFocus when it's
> set false) and totally demolishes the whole user experience.

but I think the user experience is enhanced with this.  I myself get confused
sometimes when using JuK about where a song went since I'm assuming the list
view is sorted (since all the songs I can see are sorted) when there is
actually no sort column, and the apparent sorting was just coincidental.

Ever since the patch was applied to kdelibs I don't have that problem.

> Please, don't make every new feature you add to kdelibs a default!

Well this should obviously be considered. ;)  But I think this is a very
useful feedback mechanism.  But those are just my thoughts, what do other
people think?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne