On Tuesday 07 December 2004 19:44, Frans Englich wrote: > On Tuesday 07 December 2004 18:16, Aaron Seigo wrote: > > > > besides speed gained by the simplicity of the .ini format, it's a very > > human friendly format. people can easily find and change settings as > > needed. XML is not nearly as human friendly, and i think that's an > > important thing to keep in mind as well. > > I would consider that such a low priority it can be neglectable; that > people need to manually hack files is the bug, not that it's difficult. I'm sorry Frans but you really got your priorities wrong here. A config file *must* be manually editable, with a plain text editor, and the format should be trivial. I'd rate XML as "tolerable" on this scale. Call it a bug if you wish, it's a bug that won't ever go away, so you have to do with it. -- Guillaume. http://www.telegraph-road.org