On Wednesday 01 December 2004 22:23, Benjamin Meyer wrote: > On Wednesday 01 December 2004 5:26 am, Josef Spillner wrote: > > Am Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2004 00:59 schrieb Jonathan Riddell: > > > I've got a patch adding KNewStuff support for the background > > > wallpaper KControl module > > > > > > http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/background-khotstuff.png > > > http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/background-khotstuff.diff > > This is a good lesson about how to badly name things. It's also a good lesson about how difficult it is to find good names and that marketing demands are different from developer feelings. > Is it really > New? Will it always be New? Yes, that's the idea, > What makes it hot? Its mere existence. When properly applied it's a unique feature, some say a killer feature. > What is "stuff"? Whatever makes sense to be downloaded to enrich your desktop with new and exciting, well stuff. > Changing it to "Third Party addons" isn't as sexy and you can > probably think of something better sense I still am not really sure > what it does from a quick look. It provides a convenient interface to download the latest wallpapers from kde-look (or any other data which the corresponding KDE apps provide support for, e.g. calendars, game data, whatever). -- Cornelius Schumacher