List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    automatic resizing of KTabWidget
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2004-11-26 7:36:15

While adding tabbed diagrams to Umbrello I noticed that KTabWidget
does not include the nifty resizing tabs to width of tab bar feature
used in Konqueror and akregator.

This is a patch, mostly copied from Konqueror, which puts the functionality into kdelibs.

 http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/ktabwidget-resize.diff

It has resizeEvent() commented out because that is a virtual function
and can't be overriden until KDE 4 I believe.

A question: why is the method called setTitle() and not an override of
changeWidget() or setLabel() ?  And what is the difference between
changeWidget() and setLabel() anyway?

Should the automatic resizing be an option or always on?

Thanks

Jonathan Riddell