List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 4 Development book
From:       Nadeem Hasan <nhasan () nadmm ! com>
Date:       2004-11-12 13:33:28

On Friday 12 November 2004 04:49 am, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> I did meditate about such a thing a while ago. The problem is that it's not
> very likely to find a publisher.

Not true. See below.

> To do a pure electronic book without a publisher is much less attractive
> work than a real book. We could just as well polish and extend
> developer.kde.org a bit.

Heard about lulu.com? They can publish a book in both electronic and
"TreeKiller" format. You can even buy an ISBN code and have the books
available for major bookstores to sell. The printing charges are $0.02/page
plus a very small minimum charge. So a 500 page book would cost ~$14 to
print.

Have a nice day.
--
Nadeem Hasan
GPG Fingerprint: 7141 0B1C 9CAF 624D 307F F8EF 6C0C 753E DD3A 0F53