On 26 October 2004 09:20, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote: > On Tuesday 26 October 2004 15:16, Diego Iastrubni wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I am running a debian box here, with kde installed from the distro. I > > also have another KDE self compiled and installed into /usr/local. I have > > a new script which sets the environment, and then calles > > $KDEDIR/bin/startkde. This script is called from GDM. > > It is not clear which variables you've set and how. Make sure you do: > export KDEDIR=/usr/local Everybody (on IRC #kde-devel) tells me that KDEDIR is deprecated now. Is that true? Anne-Marie