On Tuesday 26 October 2004 15:16, Diego Iastrubni wrote: > Hi, > > I am running a debian box here, with kde installed from the distro. I also > have another KDE self compiled and installed into /usr/local. I have a new > script which sets the environment, and then calles $KDEDIR/bin/startkde. > This script is called from GDM. It is not clear which variables you've set and how. Make sure you do: export KDEDIR=/usr/local export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIR export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde_local (if you want to keep the user settings separate as well) Assuming both KDE versions are using the same Qt version. best, Jeroen -- Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE http://kile.sourceforge.net