List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Moving to SubVersion
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-09 15:39:32

Am Samstag 09 Oktober 2004 15:01 schrieb Stephan Kulow:

> But I think I can import into a new repository and then merge that into the
> main one (when I figured the part with dump + replay right)

OK. That works. We would have a rather strange setup where
1-14000 are all kdenonbeta changes, then 14001-21000 are all
kdetoys changes, ... but I think that's ok for history repeating.

Converting kde-i18n will take easily some days and will get us towards
a couple of millions in revision number (we plan on cleaning
up it's history before though) - but I see no problem it shouldn't
work.

- who is going to rewrite the docu that is currently talking about CVS?
- who is going to write the docu how to do things with subversion that
  are known how they work with CVS?
- who is going to rewrite admin/cvs-clean.pl?
- who is going to rewrite the translation parts that heavily rely on
  cvs behaviour?
- who has a plan for migrating the pserver accounts?
- who is going to fix the things I forgot to list here?

None of these rely on admin rights, so I want to hear the people that
wanted a change that badly shouting "HERE! HERE!" - otherwise it
will not happen.

Just the usual warning: think about the issues and make sure you're
not doing guesses before expressing your opinion.

Greetings, Stephan