On Monday 04 October 2004 16:13, Harri Porten wrote: > On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote: > > Maybe I am old-fashioned, but I prefer the traditional C-way of > > representing this: > > int ret; > > ret>0 -> true > > ret==0 -> false > > ret<0 -> error/exception > > Funny. I'd interpret an value of 0 as meaning success in a C api. So it > seems like this convention is not *that* safe ;) > You need to interpret it correctly. Larger-than or equal 0 means succes of the call, with the value being the result. In case of a boolean function, 0 means a succesfull call that returned false. In case of a void function 0 just means succes. `Allan