List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: DBUS & KDE 4
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-09-29 23:31:12

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 07:23 pm, Maks Orlovich wrote:
> Anyway, my point was not about quality of wrapping.

Well then I got confused, as I wasn't sure what point you were trying to make
exactly. ;-)

You are of course absolutely right about the dangers of being dependant on
unmaintainable code.  I can't comment further about this then since I've read
neither the DCOP nor the DBUS source.  I would hope that the DBUS code is at
least written sanely so that it would be possible for others to fix it if
needed.

Does anyone have a comparison of the bus numbers [1] between DCOP and DBUS?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne

[1] http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?BusNumber or basically the number of developers
that would have to be hit by a bus in order to stop the project.  The higher
the bus number, the better.