List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: DBUS & KDE 4
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-29 16:34:23

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 18:08, Harri Porten wrote:
> Yes. But I think this should only be used for compatibility in a
> transition period. In the long run one should agree on well defined
> complex types with other projects for interoperability (via
> freedesktop.org). Example for this reasoning: a tool from the X camp might
> want to tell kdesktop to have a green background color. Speaking
> proprietary binary protocols doesn't help with integration.
>
> Harri.

I guess it won't be possible to use the Qt types, so maybe KDE will have more
conversion work than others. Would this be different if QtCore 4 would be
LGPL instead of GPL ?

(slightly OT I know, but LGPL QtCore would be *very* cool)

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de