Le mar 28/09/2004 à 11:23, Olaf Jan Schmidt a écrit : > I disagree. Hardcoding colors is an accessibility No-No. > > In this case, it has the following problems: > > 1. What if you have a red background in kicker? Do you know someone who have it (root doesn't count)? Please see the screenshot: it's clearly better in "most" cases. But I fully agree with you: this should be in the color theme. Currently I haven't any other solution so I haven't done the revert to highlight() color. > 2. What if you have a green background and are color-blind? By default, the kicker is gray or blue. I don't think (but I can be wrong) blue/red is a problem (perhapse they both seem dark for color-blind people...). Lot of peoples keep (blue) defaults, and I think color-blind people aren't so crazy to choose a green or red background color. But one more time, it's to explain the red color, that is the better solution (I think) for now. > Would it be possible to add a "Warning Color" to the color schemes for KDE > 3.4, or would this break binary compatibility? Otherwise a solution might > be to use two colors instead of only red. I'm also 100% for this addition. Oh yes, two colors... But how to switch from red to the other? I will think about it. > There are similar problems with hardcoded black. KDE is currently hardly > usable for people who need white text on black background because of low > vision. This needs a lot of independent fixes in KDE. I will discribe > more problems later and only mention two problems here, because they are > related. I also noticed this problem this night. I will replace the hardcoded black with foreground() color. It fixe the problem. > None of the styles works correctrly using a white on black color scheme. > We either need to add a style frame color to the color scheme, or the > styles need to check for the background color and optionally use white > instead. At least the default style for KDE 3.4 should be fixed, but it > would be better if none of the styles had this bug. > > A related problem needs to be fixed in Qt: The 3D effect currently only > really works if the background color is light. If the background color is > black, both 3D effect colors are also black, meaning that frames are > invisible. > > The currently algorithm for both shadow color and light effect color is > something like: > brightness = factor * brightness of background color > > This can be fixed by using an inverted algorithm for the light effect > color: > darkness = factor * darkness of background color Yes, you probably are right. I don't see mistakes.