List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: DCOP D-BUS HAL and new cd's
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-09-18 4:59:48

On Saturday 18 September 2004 12:53 am, David Johnson wrote:
> The key word here is "key" [sic]. Making key libraries dependent on
> Linux will break KDE for non-Linux platforms. The extent of this
> breakage depends on how "key" the library is. I'm not asking you to
> hold KDE back, I'm asking you not to break it.

Well I can't speak for those who would actually be implementing it, but I
would be the first to complain if they changed KDE such that it only works on
Linux. ;-)

If I had to guess, I would say it would be a lib/application combo to make
hardware not suck on Linux, but there's no reason we can't *at least* retain
the current code we have for FreeBSD.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne