On Monday 13 September 2004 06:46, Stephan Binner wrote: > On Sunday 12 September 2004 20:02, Frans Englich wrote: > > We can't switch styles for each minor release. > > KDE 3.3 and KDE 3.2 did not change anything, last change was with 3.1 (this > will be over two years with the same style at date of KDE 3.4 release). > > > Chances are big we'll switch in KDE 4 again, anyway > > Tell me more. Don't change anything now because we /may/ change it in > future? If we agree that plastik is better and more usable. We should switch in 3.4. I don't think we confuse our users if we switch to a clearly better default. > In my opinion everything in KDE 3.4 should happen what is ready, planned > for KDE 4 and doesn't change binary compatibility. Including application > dropping (one picture viewer, one color editor, kiconedit, several of > Utilities/) and replacements (like KSirc->Konversation, Noatun->amaroK, > control center[?]). Exactly! If we have a better alternative for an apps. We should switch now. I can see no point in delaying innovation till 4.0. 4.0 is only about binary compatibility. I support: KSirc->Konversation, Noatun->amaroK and Noatun-> KMplayer > "But the user is used to (some default)" compatibility arguments don't > count. Yes, a lot of distros are already using Plastik. > Bye, > Steve Cheers Frank -- Frank Karlitschek karlitschek@kde.org