On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, [iso-8859-2] Jarosław Staniek wrote: > I must admit there are few completely ifdef'd (using Q_WS_WIN, W_OS_UNIX etc) > methods especially in kdecore now. Most of these are waiting for such wrapper > classes or just wrapped methods, implemented in *_win.cpp files (as Qt does), > with volunteers' help :) I know that things are not that simple to accomplish in reality :) Sometimes it might indeed be more effective to #ifdef a few calls instead of creating a new platform independant API. My point is just that K_WS_QTONLY (appearantly meaning !Q_WS_X11 && !Q_WS_WIN && !Q_WS_MAC) does not really help with porting to other platforms. It just makes the code harder to understand. Why not guard the code with #ifdef Q_WS_X11 etc. right away? Harri.