List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Incidents, once in a while
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-01 23:49:26

On September 1, 2004 15:37, Christian Loose wrote:
> Saying KUA is crap a month after the first proposal

kindly do not put words in my mouth. thank you.

> Especially when one missed the chance to critize the
> work early and even offered to write an KUA article
> (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-usability&m=109141804427229&w=2).

i actually did write the article referenced in the above email. then i turned
it into a presentation and delivered it at aKademy. these slides are posted
with the rest of the aKademy presentations.

but you see, i try not to tell people that what they are doing is wrong. i
appreciate how much effort Frans put into the KUAs, even if feel they are a
bit misguided. so instead of saying, "the KUAs suck" i attempted to offer
some positive feedback for Frans to use or not use.

after several other ordeals i got tired of dealing with Frans and therefore
simply said i have no plans for getting involved with his KUAs. not because
they are a bad idea, nor because the information in them is lacking (which it
is), but because the way he was going about contributing to KDE is not
something i'm comfortable with.

you have no idea how many people have come to me privately via email and in
person expressing how off-base Frans' article on NewsForge was to them and
asking what i thought about it. talk about an uncomfortable position. why
would i want to be involved with it any further?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Center of the Universe