List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    [patch] New method for scaling wallpaper
From:       Unai Garro <ugarro () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2004-08-23 14:26:28

Hi there,

I found that all current methods in the background kcontrol module have
trouble scaling images that aren't 4:3 in size (like vertically taken photos).
They either distort the image (scale method) or leave empty gaps (maxpeth)

So I added a new method, which I called "Optimal Fill" (I couldn't find a
better name for it, but feel free to change it).

The method just scales the image up until the whole desktop is filled,
 without distorting it. Thus, if the image isn't 4:3, part of it will go
 offscreen.

Patch attached,.... anyone cares to check if there's anything wrong with it
and apply? works great here, and I find it useful for my vertical holiday
pics ;)

 Unai