Hi there, I'm wondering if there was any kind of discussion concerning the new stuff mac os tiger will include, "spotlight". If not, I just have a "simple" first question. The meta-datas have to be stored somewhere... I think, If it is not include with the FS (ext2/3, reiserfs ... ..), We have to code this into some library. I was thinking kde got some libs (objects) for dealing with "files"... even if the file is on the hd, ssh, nfs, samba .... ..(this feature _really_ rox). If, yes, What do you think of using the embended mysql stuff in the librarie, trying to implement a "simple" first version for handling meta-datas each time kde does something with a file (update / move / delete ... ...) and some parse for other infos, words in text files, meta-infos included in jpegs .. ... what do you think ? I want to try to implement some simple stuffs using mysql embended code, do you, kde guys, got some advices ? thanks in advance, t.