List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New KIO::Slave: x-kde-icon
From:       Frerich Raabe <raabe () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-06-22 12:36:02

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 11:28, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Monday 21 June 2004 22:17 schrieb Frerich Raabe:
> > I think this is overengineered. Why not simply use a placeholder in the
> > docbook files, an entity as in
>
> I think, it should be part of the help slave. You don't need
> x-icon-size:, but you can use help:/icons?...

That's probably Marc's call as he's probably going to be the one maintaining
this. I for one still don't think that one needs this much effort to solve
such a little problem.

> Beside that, this solution doesn't help you when generating help pages
> for a web site using meinproc.

That's true but you can solve this without writing a whole new IO slave as
well. I have a hard time coming up with other situations in which an
x-kde-icon IO slave might make sense, this seems like quite a special case
and introducing a new IO slave for that looks a little over the edge to me.
Or is all this flexibility which Marc's implementation provides required for
some case which I'm not aware of?

I still think a little placeholder magic can solve this nicely with much less
(maintenance) effort, but I'll obey to "He who codes decides".

- Frerich