List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: setupGUI() once again !!!
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2004-06-16 12:30:45

Le mer 16/06/2004 à 01:54, Ingo Klöcker a écrit :
> Those would have to be optional. In KMail we've removed the possibility
> to hide the menubar because it only lead to trouble for people who
> accidentally hid it and didn't knew how to show it again. The status
> bar is also not hidable in KMail (and neither in Konqueror).

What ?
Ho. you're right : the statusbar cannot be disabled in Konqueror !
Hey : it's inconsistent !
And what if I was wanting to disable it ?????
So, in Konqueror we can hide menubar BUT not the toolbar !!!!!
Seem strange to me : if a user hide the menubar he cannot do anything
(if he doesn't know/read Ctrl+M).
IMHO the ability to configure it should be restaured and lade standard.
Every app should act the same / consistently / be as configurable as
wishable !
The user will learn it : it don't take so long time.
Or otherwise EVERY app shouldn't be able to hide
menubar/toolbar/statusbar !

What are the reasons to do it in Konqueror and KMail and not in others ?
No one ?

AT LEAST, the KMainWindow could include all the toggle...() methods, so
everyapps could act the same (ie: if the developer do not want to bother
to save or not if the bars was shown (as me in the first time), connect
actions to the methods would provide the feature as soon as he compile !

/me disapointed :-(