On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 06:57:19PM +0200, Peter Rockai (mornfall) wrote: > Another part of the same problem lies in the fact, that i need to be able to > do some custom post-fork initialization for KProcess. My proposed solution > would be to add a signal to KProcess, that would be emitted right before the > execvp call in KProcess::start (). This would allow to do the required > initialization in the child process, by connecting to the signal. > i think that's no good idea. derive from KProcess and reimplement CommSetupDoneC(). you may even make it emit a signal, but that would be an equally awful api as signal receivedStdout(int fd, int &len). greetings -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done.