List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    very simple devel tasks to do
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2004-05-12 17:16:49

 Hello,

 I have the following problem: #78950 is pretty simple to do. Just a kicker
applet which uses a couple of calls from kdecore/netwm* . So simple that it'd
IMHO fit very well somebody who'd like to start doing KDE development. So
simple that I don't want to spend my time on it, doing the actual coding and
testing and all that, and if I'd have to it'd be probably better spent time
if I helped somebody new to do it.

 The question is, do we have some system for this? This isn't the only
(technically) simple thing that's hiding somewhere in my TODO, I could find a
couple more of such single bugreports, or maybe I'd sometimes need somebody
who'd do some qtdesigner work for me (as I suck at it).

 There's http://www.kde.org/jobs/open.php , but looks outdated, not very known
and finally not exactly what I'd need. What I need _is_ a 2 days job.

 So, does somebody have any idea? I think the KMail developers mark some of
their bugreports as JJ (junior job?). Is it promoted somehow? As a KDE
wannabee newbie developer I probably wouldn't get the idea to seach
bugs.kde.org for "JJ". Maybe Derek could include in CVS digest together with
all those stats also a link to these things, or something.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer