List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs.kde.org reminder
From:       Christian Loose <christian.loose () hamburg ! de>
Date:       2004-05-11 22:56:54

Am Dienstag, 11. Mai 2004 15:32 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> Am Tuesday 11 May 2004 11:27 schrieb Stephan Binner:
> > On Tuesday 11 May 2004 10:26, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > So I would like every developer to begin thinking about bug reports
> > > again -
> >
> > And please pay more attention to the reports with high severity, many
> > votes and those who have been reported many times (highscore is 26
> > duplicates).
> >
> > You can find links to queries for all three types on
> > http://bugs.kde.org/:
> >
> >   The most hated bugs
> >   The most severe bugs
> >   The most frequently reported bugs
>
> Right. We've got a community that actually cares quite well to point us to
> bugs that cause the biggest pain - and for many many users a fixed problem
> of that kind is much more worth than a feature.

I would like to add another page to the list above: Reports with patches.

If the community helps us to fix the bugs they reported then we should really
accept the helping hand. A random "negative" (no comment)  example from the
above list BR #76628. Probably fairly easy to review for someone with
autoconf knowledge but no comment so far. :-(

Just my 2 cents...

Christian