On Wednesday 18 February 2004 21:57, Christoph Cullmann wrote: > On Wednesday 18 February 2004 21:48, Alexander Neundorf wrote: ... > In the end you want that kde provides it's own solution for > decoding/encoding sound / mixing / video-audio-sync / ... > why sounds that better than using some already build up media framework > like gstreamer/mas/... ? I don't want another solution. I don't need all the features arts/MAS/ gstreamer etc. provide. I don't need another extra daemon, floating point sound calculations, multiple system sounds at once, etc. And I think this is true for 90% of our users. At work everybody I know has the system sounds disabled (under windows). Bye Alex -- Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de Home: neundorf@kde.org - http://www.kde.org alex@neundorf.net - http://www.neundorf.net