On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 10:24:26AM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote: > I added www/announcements/changelogs/changelog3_2_0_to_3_2_1.php > to CVS. Please fill in bug fixes that you remember > (cvs diff -rKDE_3_2_0_RELEASE -rKDE_3_2_BRANCH is your friend :) I've been using two scripts in the past which are nowhere near perfect but do a nice job when it comes to generating changelogs. The first script (http://ktown.kde.org/~frerich/fixed-bugs.sh) prints a list of bugs which seem to be fixed since the last release - it does that by grepping the last cvs logs for "xxxxx-done@bugs.kde.org". Just run that script from any KDE CVS directory (e.g. kdenetwork/kopete). The second script (http://ktown.kde.org/~frerich/make-changelog-item.sh) expects one or more bug numbers and prints HTML output which describes the fix. The HTML is suitable for use in the changelog-foo.php. Here's a test drive to give you an idea: frerich@daedalus:~/src/kde/kdenetwork/kopete> make-changelog-item.sh 75054 75128
  • kopete: Fix account preference doesn't work
  • kopete: Fix Kopete forgets Display Name when going Back in Wizard
  • frerich@daedalus:~/src/kde/kdenetwork/kopete> Maybe this duo helps somebody, I found it to be quite useful. It'd be a shame not to mention the results of your work in the changelog. :-) - Frerich -- if new true friend not protected for explicit private union, break case and try using this.