On Sunday 08 February 2004 15:17, David Faure wrote: > Your suggestion for a method name sounds strange though, most of the kdeui > API that takes guiitems doesn't have GuiItem in the name (e.g. void > setButtonOK( const KGuiItem &item = KStdGuiItem::ok() ); True... in fact I wrote those methods myself in n7y, so I should have done better this time as well ;) > > Question is then what a null pixmap means, use the 'normal' pixmap, or no > > pixmap at all, since both have their uses. > > Hmm. I think the usual cases are > 1) to have no pixmap at all > 2) to switch the pixmap to another one (e.g. fullscreen action) > 3) to keep the same pixmap (e.g. 'show menubar' action). > I can't see a common use case in having a pixmap in one state and none in > the other state. Oh, wait... I mistakenly thought you needed to call the method again when toggling the action. Indeed you can determine the heuristics of the 'main' GUI item. That would be: - If the main item has no icon the checked state has none either. - If the main item has an icon and the checked one has not, the item stays the same - If both provide an icon, the appropriate one is shown > "state"? hmm, interesting.... setCheckedState( const KGuiItem & ) ? Fine with me :) -- Martijn