On Friday 06 February 2004 14:41, Andras Mantia wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to detect if the user pressed the key while the app is doing > some heavy operation, so it will be possible to suspend/stop that operation > and make the user interface more responsive. Is it possible to do without > threads (I'd like to avoid them as they may introduce new problems)? I've > tried reimplementing the keyPressEvent in the widget which has > the focus (the editor widget), but it seems that it is never called. It is a long shot, but maybe it is of help to you. When I was trying to catch KeyEvents from a KPart (KatePart actually), I discovered that installing an eventFilter on this part does not catch the KeyEvents. Instead you have to detect the QEvent::AccelOverride events. hth, Jeroen NOTE to list ADMIN:I'm on the list, but not allowed to post, please, pretty please? -- Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE http://kile.sourceforge.net