On Wednesday 04 February 2004 11:00, Brad Hards wrote: > I see KDE 3.3 as a shorter release (perhaps 6 months?), with fewer new > features than KDE 3.2 provided (that is, KDE 3.3 - KDE 3.2 < KDE 3.2 - KDE > 3.1 in features terms). > As I said before I'd like to keep an eye on 3.2.1 before doing too much future thinking :) For me there are two things that would justify a quick KDE 3.3 release for me: - Cleaning up kcontrol in introducing the long awaited theme manager and moving out the app specific modules (you know where I am, Scott :) - Profile enhancements for konqueror, that were floating around shortly before release (#74097 is just another incarnation of that wish) I haven't heard about the Qt atk bridge again (and afaik it's not part of the Qt 3.3 changelog), that would have been another reason. But 6 months is unrealistic. You end up with a release in august and that's exactly the time where many of the nothern hemisphere are relaxing in the sun and don't care about hacking. And less than 6 months is pretty unrealistic too, taking that we spent roughly 3 months in feature freeze for 3.2. So I think, we still need to see how much impact Qt4 has on our code base and then we can schedule again. Greetings, Stephan -- There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.