Moin, On Dienstag Januar 27 2004 22:23, Adriaan de Groot wrote: > Lauri pointed out that XFree 4.3.0 has gobs of keyboard definitions, > including things like the Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard with many > multimedia keys (to which you seem to refer later. Would it help if I > looked in the docs of that keyboard to see what the keys sypposedly do > under Windows?). And with the right xkb settings, it apparently all maps > into X keys you can attach scripts to. That may not be sufficiently > specific to make app-shortcuts, though. A bit OT but still fitting: This is all broken when you use linux 2.6.x as they broke keyboard input pretty bad :(( I now have keys with duplicated scancodes and some with no scancode at all. At least all normal keys still work. With linux 2.4.x aboves note was right. I selected my keyboard in kxkb and everything was set. Then I assigned the volume keys to kmixapplet and were able to change volume globally :) Bye, Stefan aka mETz -- ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein