List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: XML Desktop config files (was: Re: Tons of questions. And some
From:       "Dr. Juergen Pfennig" <info () j-pfennig ! de>
Date:       2004-01-26 14:08:26

On Monday 26 January 2004 13:50, Frerich Raabe wrote:

> I can recommend using libxml++'s (very nice C++ bindings for libxml) SAX
> interface.

Sure it's faster. It's plain c (or++) code and won't internally use QString.

But - here comes a QUESTION:

KConfig lives in kdecore. Using libxml on this "low" level might cause an
unwanted dependecy on a non-KDE library. Would this be acceptable?

As a 3rd alternative one could dare to implement a hand-crafted xml parser. As
long as we would deny the use of namespaces and CDATA sections in xml this
would not be too much work.

Yours Jürgen