List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: makefile -f Makefile.cvs aborts with compile_kpilot does not
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2004-01-18 17:50:34

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 05:10:36PM +0100, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Mike, for one thing the policy says "it has to compile _against KDE 3.2
> libs_", not "it has to compile".

Nonsense.

http://developer.kde.org/policies/commitpolicy.html

2. Never commit code that doesn't compile.

Compile the code and correct all errors before committing. Make sure that
newly added files are comitted. If they are missing your local compile will
work fine but everybody else won't be able to compile.

20. Make "atomic" commits.

CVS has the ability to commit more than one file at a time. Therefore,
please commit all related changes in multiple files, even if they span over
multiple directories at the same time in the same commit. This way, you
ensure that CVS stays in a compileable state before and after the commit.

> Now, can we bury this thread and resume normal productive behavior?

That, or we can can start enforcing policies without discrimination. It
cannot be that some people and sub-projects are allowed excuses for ignoring
policy, and others are not.

Rob
--=20
Rob Kaper     | Fate fell short this time, your smile fades in the summer
cap@capsi.com | Place your hand in mine, I'll leave when I wanna
www.capsi.com |   -- "Feeling This", Blink 182