List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: use KGuiItem::toolTip and KGuiItem::whatsThis in
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-01-08 21:59:47

On Thursday 08 January 2004 20:13, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2004 19:59, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 January 2004 19:23, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > > On Thursday 08 January 2004 19:15, Sebastian Trueg wrote:

> Sebastian's patch should not be ditched because it's annoying to have tool
> tips on Ok buttons - then they shouldn't have tooltips. If a guiitem have
> tooltips/whatsthis it is there to be shown and Sebastian's patch makes that
> easier to achieve.
>
> My proposal: remove kstdguiitem::ok()'s tooltip and whatsthis and apply
> Sebastian's patch.

Erh.. After a second thought, I have this vague memory of some KDE code trying
to avoid adding the same ToolTip twice, which this patch probably in some
cases makes sure will happen, AFAICT.. Will it break stuff? What happens if
you add the same ToolTip to a widget twice? (to lazy to test..)

Cheers,

			Frans