List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: use KGuiItem::toolTip and KGuiItem::whatsThis in
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-01-08 19:13:00

On Thursday 08 January 2004 19:59, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2004 19:23, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 January 2004 19:15, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > valid point. But what are KGuiItem::toolTip and KGuiItem::whatsThis
> > > then for anyway?
> >
> > I think they are for example useful on toolbar buttons (and whatsthis
> > also for menu items) .
>
> yes, sure, I should have thought of that. :)
> Well, then I will have to add the tooltips manually....

Hold on.. the ok stdguiitem looks like this:
KGuiItem KStdGuiItem::ok()
{
  return KGuiItem( i18n( "&OK" ), "button_ok", i18n( "Accept settings" ),
                   i18n( "If you press the <b>OK</b> button, all changes\n"
                         "you made will be used to proceed." ) );
}

Every single ok button does not accept settings. I suggest we remove the
tooltip and what's this for it since they are plain false for a lot of cases.

Sebastian's patch should not be ditched because it's annoying to have tool
tips on Ok buttons - then they shouldn't have tooltips. If a guiitem have
tooltips/whatsthis it is there to be shown and Sebastian's patch makes that
easier to achieve.

My proposal: remove kstdguiitem::ok()'s tooltip and whatsthis and apply
Sebastian's patch.

My two cents,

			Frans