On Monday 22 December 2003 19:47, Martijn Klingens wrote: > On Sunday 21 December 2003 20:05, David Faure wrote: > > Then it would be even more disturbing, no? If you alt+f2/www.kde.org, > > you'll see the icon appear (stat job from minicli) disappear (when done) > > appear again (when konqueror opens the site) and disappear again (when > > done). One could give it a timer before disappearing to work around this, > > but it would still give a pretty jumpy systray in general... > > Hmm, I'd say it's pretty useless within Konqueror windows. It makes sense for > the separate KIO windows when downloading or copying files, but not with apps > that ask the KIO window to be hidden like Konq, or with stat jobs. My example was slightly flawed indeed - konq's own I/O operations indeed don't appear there (just like they don't pop up a progress dialog window when not using the all-in-one listview). Minicli's stat, however, must give some feedback, hence the progress dialog that appears if the site takes more than a few seconds to answer. Anyway, even if the systray icon has the same "delay before appearing" as normal progress dialogs, I still don't like the idea of a "jumping" systray. All other icons there stay there for the whole session, unless you manually add/remove any. Difficult problem. -- David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se Qt/KDE/KOffice developer Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB, Platform-independent software solutions