List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC on default settings
From:       Troels Tolstrup <troels () tolstrup ! org>
Date:       2003-12-19 0:56:35

On Friday 19 December 2003 00:30, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> Launch Feedback:
> 	o bouncy icon (flashy icon)

I don't really care what you set it to, as long as it is not the flashy
icon. It just looks odd. (at first i thought it was a bug, i expected the
icon to flash, not a square box around it :)

> KDesktop
> 	o text shadow on desktop icon text (no text shadow)

I think this would be a good thing, as it defeats much of the need to mess
around with the desktop text color to make it readable if it clashes with
the background. (so i really see this as more of a usability improvement,
and not an eye candy improvement)

I don't really have an oppinion about the last two. (other than i dont like
icons on buttons, but i know how to turn them off... :-)

Another one i have been thinking about is to autoload kmix in the system
notification area (if arts started up), as i think a lot of people expect
to be able to change the volume there, though i have a feeling i will be
shot down on this one :-) My rationale is that i am not really sure people
would know to go look for a mixer program.

Mvh
Troels