List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC on default settings
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-19 3:11:34

On Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2003 18:03, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:30:52PM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> keramik yields a "whoa!" effect, but it's not something i like to work
> with every day. oh, well, we already decided that it should go away
> asap. :)
Who decided that ? A bunch of guys on IRC ? You certainly don't want to claim
that that was an exclusive vote what KDE should do other than what a certain
kind of people bugs, changing your setup from something different than the
default :)

I think we should make the whole theming thing profile based so one can easily
set the theme profile. Reminds me, wasn't there something about a theme
editor ? Where did mosfet go with his first implementation ?

Maybe that's another thing to work on integration wise.

Ah, I just reminded that we don't have something like GQ for managing LDAP
servers. Anyone interested or do we have something but noone knows about it ?

Ralf

> and crystal sucks. not because it's ugly, but because creating enough
> distinctive icons while maintaining a consistent look is plainly
> impossible. we know the result.

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org