List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Removal of KAutoConfig / KAutoConfigDialog
From:       Lukáš_Tinkl <lukas () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-10-30 15:02:23

Dne čt 30. října 2003 15:33 Benjamin Meyer napsal(a):> On Thursday 30 October 2003 \
5:01 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:>> > I would like to see KAutoConfig / KAutoConfigDialog \
/ KCAutoConfigModule> > removed before KDE 3.2 gets released since more complete \
functionality> > is offered by KConfigDialogManager / KConfigDialog and \
kconfig_compiler.> > Having both set of classes unnecessarily fragmentates the KDE \
API. > > Note that there is no replacement for KCAutoConfigModule yet. At the> > \
moment it only seems to be used by kopete though.> >> > Most KAutoConfig usage has \
been converted to use KConfigDialog. Still to> > be done are:> >> > \
kdebase/kicker/applets/clock> > kdeaddons/kicker-applets/kbinaryclock> > \
kdenetwork/kopete> > kdemultimedia/kaudiocreator> >> > Cheers,> > Waldo>> > We are in \
string freeze and you want to modify kdelibs?  Anyone else see> that as stupid?    \
There are a number of classes in KDE that are marked as> volital do the same.  I \
would have to say that kconfig_compiler> uncesessarily fragmented the KDE API _in a \
freeze_ not the other way> around.  As even you yourself point out there are still \
apps that use it> and the> KCAutoConfigModule functionality can't be replaced.  The \
KDE clock is a> pretty prominent application and I think there are many who will \
agree> with me.  Mark the classes as volital and move on.> > -Benjamin Meyer Removing \
messages doesn't violate the string freeze. My opinion is that we shouldn't have two \
                kinds of classes which do the same thing in kdelibs.
- -- Lukáš Tinkl | lukas@kde.orgKDE i18n maintainer | KOffice \
developerhttp://www.kde.org/international/czechia-----BEGIN PGP \
SIGNATURE-----Version: GnuPG v1.2.2-rc1-SuSE (GNU/Linux) \
iD8DBQE/oTYndfhL7nWSO+4RAg3iAJ9VqEub2uIoUXJTaLWe+e2w8MTq2gCeJLthVazqshf5PHt1JWwduKzZDpA==mUz8-----END \