Hi all, In working on some keyboard-related stuff recently, I came across the question of how to convert an X11 KeySym to the corresponding Unicode code. It seems that lots of people have to solve this problem: - xterm has http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/keysym2ucs.c - gdk has http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/zemljanka/cursed/gtk+/gdk/ gdkkeyuni.c (derived from keysym2ucs.c) - Qt has keysymToUnicode() and its caller in http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/ cvsweb.cgi/qt-copy/src/kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp (big overlap with keysym2ucs.c) - X11 has http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/lib/X11/imKStoUCS.c (I *think* this is also relevant, but must confess to beign a bit unsure here). Is there an existing X public API that does this mapping? If not, I would like to suggest one is added. Something like: unsigned int XLookupKeySym(KeySym keysym); assuming 4 byte ints. Thanks, Shaheed P.S. Please CC me on replies as I'm not subscribed here.