List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: "Folder" or "Directory"?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2003-10-20 16:38:18

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 05:33:35PM +0200, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> Yes I think so, I would give it to monday to give everyone a fair chance to
> voice any objection. If no major objections have been raised by then it can
> be changed to folder IMHO.

Fine by me, if for consistency KMail *only* references to Mail Folders and
IMAP Folders, the bookmark editor references to Bookmark Folders, et cetera.
We all agree that directories are different from folders at a technical
level and I don't think labelling it all under one ambigious term will do
KDE much good. Adding a null-prefix for directories and "Mail", "Bookmark"
or whatever for virtual folders would allow to unify and benefit "regular"
users without losing information that benefits power users.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "In the name of sheer pity, won't someone operate on
cap@capsi.com | Chairman Arafat and put that poor cancer into a cleaner