List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Jabber Server, Proposal
From:       Andy Goossens <andygoossens () pandora ! be>
Date:       2003-09-22 13:32:00

On Monday 22 September 2003 11:54, Till Gerken wrote:
> - get two DNS aliases, jabber.kde.org (closed server for members of the KDE
> project) and jabber.users.kde.org (open server for KDE users), serving
> @kde.org addresses and @users.kde.org addresses respectively

What about people with a CVS account but without a @kde.org address? They are
part of the KDE project, so they might deserve the use of the "devel server".
But what happens then with the "personal opinions of foo@kde.org do not
represent KDE" issue? (Which is one of the reasons why not everyone gets a
@kde.org addy when they get their CVS account.)

Also, what would the format be of those Jabber IDs? cvs-account@kde.org or
like already existing @kde.org mail addresses?

> Ideally, both servers should be separate.

Of course...

> Are there any objections?

No, I will be happy to use one of those Jabber servers :-)

--
// Andy Goossens

// Quote of the moment:
Love is sentimental measles.