List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KDE Jabber Server, Proposal
From:       Till Gerken <till () tantalo ! net>
Date:       2003-09-22 9:54:08

Hi,

the thread I started a while ago did not really get any negative feedback
(otoh, only mild encouragement as well). As I still think that a Jabber
server for KDE would be a great thing to have, I'd like to take the following
steps:

- get two DNS aliases, jabber.kde.org (closed server for members of the KDE
project) and jabber.users.kde.org (open server for KDE users), serving
@kde.org addresses and @users.kde.org addresses respectively
- find willing and reliable sponsors for the servers

Ideally, both servers should be separate.

Are there any objections?

Till