List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: schedule (Today is alpha)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-09 6:07:56

On Tuesday 09 September 2003 00:50, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Monday 08 September 2003 21:44, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Chekcing out the schedule:
> > http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.2-release-plan.html I
> > noticed that freeze was sep 1st and alpha is today.  With all that is going
> > on from n7y to kopete should the schedule be modified a bit?
>
> Huh, why? It's an alpha, and of the outstanding features the address book
> stuff is in the works but will be committed later this week, so it can't
> spoil the alpha, KWallet was done when the alpha was tagged save for some
> minor issues (and is completely done now), I fixed the plugin loading
> yesterday so that should also be in the alpha and the migration of the config
> modules from our own code to KSettings is IMO not a showstopper...

The alpha is packaged and to some degree fine. But as I don't want binary packages
for it, but only tar balls for people interested in compiling with debug infos, I don't
want to push it too much.

Also it stands a bit in the way of a KDE 3.1.4 release. So I used the alpha release
to practise the releasing and getting an overview how much time it takes (so far
I came up with 15 hours - if I start with kde-i18n early enough :). I can make the
directory world readable at any time, but there won't be any announcement for it.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.